Strength & Conditioning
In June of 2019, the Gryphon Football program welcomed Adam Kania to be our new Strength and Conditioning coach.
With football and training being two of his greatest passions, this position is a perfect fit for Kania.
Our Strength and Conditioning Coach
“The facilities and overall team culture here are more than any incoming strength coach could ask for, and I cannot wait to help these Gryphon Football players push themselves to reach new heights in 2019 and beyond.”
Before working with Gryphon Football, Coach Kania spent 11 years training individual athletes in the private industry, in his hometown of Burlington, Ontario. In college, Coach Kania played Defensive End for the St. FX X-Men (2003-2006) and the Waterloo Warriors (2007), both under Gryphon Defensive Coordinator, Dennis McPhee. During his time with the X-Men, Coach Kania was a two-time AUS all-star and named Team Captain for three out of his four seasons.
“My goal is to legitimately get to know each player on this team on a personal level. I want to know their training and football backgrounds, as well as their individual goals. When each player is working towards, and achieving their individual goals, then we as a team will be successful in achieving our team goal.”
Coach K’s personal philosophy is to help educate the athletes throughout the process. He wants to ensure that the athlete not only understands what they’re doing, but why they’re doing it, with an emphasis on listening to their bodies. He practices a smart approach towards the preparation and maintenance of this team both in-season and the off-season.
“These players and their families are putting their trust in me with their health. It’s my job to return that trust with the proper assessment, preparation and supervision of each player’s proper execution of the program. We as a coaching staff want them to not only execute at a high level in terms of technique, but also help them achieve some personal growth in terms of their overall understanding of what it takes to perform at a top-end collegiate level both on and off the field.”
ADAM KANIA - CERTIFICATIONS
· Certified Football Preparation Specialist (CPPS)
· Titleist Performance Institute Golf Fitness Consultant (TPI)
· Functional Nutrition Workshop (ISI)
· Crucial Confrontations Management
· Energy Systems and Modified Strongman Training (ISI)
· Bootcamp Group Training (GoodLife)
· Darby Training Systems Level 1 (DTS)
· Golf Biomechanics Coach (C.H.E.K.)
· Fascial Stretch Therapist (Stretch to Win)
· Advanced Barbell Instructor (Agatsu)
· Kettlebell Instructor (Agatsu)
· Neuro Linguistic Programing Practitioner (INLPTA)
· Twist Sports Conditioning Coach
· TRX Suspension Training Coach