The University of Guelph “Community Hero” award(s) program started in the fall of 2016. These awards recognize any citizen in Guelph who is a role model for community outreach, service, volunteerism or life-saving efforts in the City of Guelph.
The awards are given out during each Gryphon Football Home game to highlight and thank the individual and or joint accomplishment(s) of some of most giving citizens for making our community a better place to live, work or play.
Past Award recipients:
- Guelph Police CAA Safety Patrols of the year
- YMCA Women of Distinction
- Big/Little Brothers and Big/Little Sisters of the year
- Guelph-Wellington Special Olympics
- Guelph Business Lifetime Achievement award winner
If you know of a deserving candidate for recognition, please email Douglas Pflug at Douglas.Pflug@Ontario.ca with the details of your nomination.